Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 16 July 2009

The Importance of Being Idle: How I Love the Credit Crunch

Never give up. Never surrender. Never have too much to do

Those are the three ideals of the standard gamer. The Three Ns if you will. It's important to never have too much to do, on a hobby and game perspective, and it's also important to never surrender, again from both a hobby and game perspective

Case point: My Eldar army. Back in April 2008, I purchased 3 Falcons, 20 Dire Avengers, a Farseer, and 6 Fire Dragons. That wasn't a problem for me to paint up, and dammit I knew! That was, until I realised that I had a Battle Company to get on with as well, and only had the cash at that point to buy one type of spray paint

I chose the WHITE one. And then I was careless... the ENTIRITY of both projects were botched up and suddenly I have a problem on my hands. Need to think about how to patch it up. That's another story though - the point is, you budget and you scheme and you think from every angle. Happily enough, I chose to take some time (a year later) to finish the force, and that made up for the mistakes.

Oh well... we'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment