Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Wednesday 22 October 2008

Theory of an Army

Today I begin a new army. Well, to be exact I began 3 weeks ago. To be more exact, i'm starting Warriors of Chaos. Another Chaos army

I admit that I don't do Fantasy that much. My first army was a High Elf army so I don't know how to deal with the whole 'Warriors suck Initiative-wise' or 'Yes, your army won't die from lack of Toughness' thing. I'll enjoy the fact i'm negating a couple of saves even with the Marauders (I remember, could be 3 instead of 4 strength), so that makes up for the lack of knowledge otherwise



So, onto the Theory. The taking up of a new army. How does one begin the process?

I begin my borrowing a book from someone I know who uses the army. I ask what they do like about the army, what they use, what they have used. Sometimes I just look at a site - for example, Warseer WIP topics. Both is as vital as the other

If this doesn't really inspire me, I then move onto looking at the book's models. This really seems to be like the previous stage, but i'm looking at the models not paint schemes or what others use the models themselves for. Though the previous stage helps with the decision it is not vital

Failing? I choose to look at the background. Never mentioned that I play narrative armies, did I? Thats why the background is important. So power gamers, I know that it has no presence when it comes to playing ability or the army itself - it only adds character. So thats why I use it as a criterium

Finally it comes down to the list though. For Warriors of Chaos, this is an all Plastic list. The Dragon is a corrupted High Elf one. The Daemonic Steed is a Green Stuffed Chaos Steed. The champions are conversions from the Plastic kits, and combined with trophies this should work.

So, the theory is over. The next few posts will be about armies. Maybe that will make up for lack of posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment