Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Friday 31 October 2008

Tournament: Final Record

I played in a tournament today, with a Slaaneshi list:
Each unit comes with a Mark of Slaanesh
Daemon Prince with Lash of Submission
Chaos Lord with Daemon Weapon
5 Possessed with Champion
10 Marines with Champion (P Wep, Plas Pistol), Flamer
10 Marines with Champion (P Wep, Plas Pistol)
6 Noise Marines

The going was tough, but here's the result:
Game 1 - Spearhead, Annihilation
This game was against a Kantor list. Compact, and out-hording me. The Possessed rolled Furious Charge, and were deployed with the Daemon Prince near
The first turn was blazing by Devastator squads into the Marine hordes. The Prince lashed Kantor's unit away from my army, which really helped the army survive. My army rushed out in order to lose some of the ground between the forces 0 - 0 on kill points
Turn 2, and I lost the Noise Marine squad. The Chaos Lord assaults Kantor's unit and starts the wipe - since Kantor isn't in base to base, he cannot attack which helps him survive. The Daemon Prince lashes a Tactical squad into combat with the Possessed (the single remaining) and the Prince helps in this. The Marines are assaulted by the Assault Squad, which is really ineffective anyway 1 - 0 on kill points to Marines
The Prince destroys the Tactical, alongside the Possessed. Kantor's unit is destroyed, and Kantor himself deals down the Chaos Lord. In my turn, Daemon Prince lashes Devastator squad down the building with a Double 6 - he promptly assaults. Assault Squad remains in combat 2 - 1 on kill points to Marines
The Prince destroys the some Devastators. The Assault squad dies. Possessed and remaining Slaanesh marines assault another Tactical squad. 2 - 2 on kill points
The Tactical squad is destroyed at last. The Devastators deal wounds to the Daemon Prince 3 - 2 on kill points to Slaaneshites
The Game ends 3 - 2 to my army
Game 1 was annoyingly found to be a fraud. My opponent had completely forgotten 2 squads of Scouts. This meant, really, that the game would probably have been a draw. However, I did have a squad completely in my table quarter that was still alive entirely. We decided to change it to a draw

Game 2 - Dawn of War, Annihilation
I played against a fellow Lord of Chaos. Unfortunately, this Lord was the unbeaten Master of Khorne. Ok, there was a few faults in this match:
1) My Slaanesh Icons had been completely DESTROYED by someone accidentally crushing them
2) The undefeated one therefore ignored EVERY initiative boost my army had
3) My opponent somehow decided that at first a 4 inch movement couldn't move any of his models off their pillar. However, later he decides 'My 4 inch difficult terrain test allows EVERY model to move off the pillar, which is 3 floors, and then 2 inches away as well'
These 3 points make it horribly unfair in the match
Turn 1 - Khorne D Weapon Lord loses 2 wounds. Daemon Prince dies
Turn 2 - Noise Marines, Marine Squad 1, and Chaos Lord die. The Chaos Lord SHOULDN'T die

Opponent (O): My Khorne Lord attacks the Noise Marines. He kills them all
Me (M): Ok. They get their attacks due to initiative (Kills 1 Khorne Berserker)
O: Ok, now the Khorne Berserkers attack the Chaos Lord
M: Wait, they're not in base to base contact. Thats why my Chaos Lord didn't attack. Also, the Khorne Berserkers count the Chaos Lord as another unit in close combat
O (complaining, as in Gamers Night, where I proved him and a staff member wrong): But he joined a unit
M: Meh, whatever. I claim my attacks (kills none with my Instant Death weapon)
O: (Kills the Chaos Lord)


I LOSE THE GAME 2

Game 3 - Seize Ground (5), Dawn of War
This is incredible. I play a decent staff member. He's using Tau, which suck even more than usual against Slaanesh. I deploy the Daemon Prince and a Noise Marine and Marine unit on the board - he uses 2 Fire Warrior squads and a Crisis Commander + 1 Crisis Suit
Can't remember the game much, but I remember this:
Turn 1 - 2 - 0 on objectives to me
Turn 2 - 2 - 0 on objectives to me
Turn 3 - 1 - 0 on objectives to me
Turn 4 - 2 - 0 on objectives to me
Turn 5 - 3 - 1 on objectives to me
Turn 6 - 2 - 1 on objectives to me
Turn 7 - 1 - 1 on objectives
I just barely lost this game. Bloody random game length

So, the end result:
Played 3, Won 1 (0, if Game 1 is draw), Drawn 1 (2, if Game 1 is draw), and Lost 1

Meh, good result with an amry I built on the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment