Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Friday 24 April 2009

Herald Highlight: Planning

...a Board. Already done something on Projects, so why not? It seems far more appropriate than some of the other topics I could cover, isn't it?

I've spent far too long talking about things such as building armies and game systems yet i've never touched upon where we play with these. That's a bit foolish on my part. Before one can play they need to know about planning the board they will play on

At the moment I am planning a project on a gaming board - not a Games Workshop brand though. Here's the page it's from: http://www.giftsforgeeks.org.uk/ (or it should be, don't know at the mo, sorry). See the scenery and gaming board sections. Bunkers, segments, and GW items at a discount. Intriguing, I thought. It's also £20 a chuck when the GW board segments are £150 for 6 (or £25 a chuck). I can't afford that investment, so I instead chose this one instead

Good choice, no?

But how does one plan such a project? Thank god that this isn't a whole board in a whole piece, or it would become impossible to plan it. All one really needs to do with these sorts of segments is plan which ones they'll usually use and then work out a schedule for actually getting them! So in May i'll begin progress on a board with the first 4 x 2 board

Then, for the terrain

We all know about the Planetstrike rumours (I did a bit on combining Apocalypse with it I think) and we all know what the next army is (Imperial Guard, fool!) so what would be appropriate to get? I'm thinking something on the line of multiple bunkers and stuff like that, so that we have some defensive things to play over. I'm also thinking about getting a load of Manufactorum box sets from GW and building them into a single ruined factory, to give me something to strike onto! The Emperor protects... just not from Nuclear waste!

Anyway, this should be a fun project, and a fun plan to fulfill. I'll post in 2 weeks the progress i've made in another highlight, but until then i've got to go. Cheers for reading

~ If you want a specific topic Highlighted on, then please make a comment and i'll try to plan one out for you... wait, we plan? Anyway, see you soon. Herald
Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer 40k and Fantasy News

No comments:

Post a Comment