Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Saturday 28 March 2009

Herald Highlight: Projects

Welcome to a new section on the Blog - Herald Highlight. The point of this is to actually give us a reason to be viewd! So I thought 'hmm, why not highlight things I personally love about the hobby? Isn't that something different, shouldn't I rejoice in the fact that we would have a purpose?'
So without further ado, let's start the piece on Projects...

Huzzah for projects!

Projects vaster than vast, more delicious than that glorious internet dessert, Pie!

Do they not give purpose to even the most patient hobbyist? Do they not reward the grinding, no matter how fast or slow?

Ok, I must say that many of the people down at my FLGS think of me as a rushing rhino, as the complete opposite of my god, Nurgle. I am who I am. I don't LIKE doing things slow. It's a bit like the Eldar Apocalypse Army i'm going to be building up over the next few months.

I like doing the majority of the work on each project in the initial 2 months. It becomes fresh in my mind, it isn't just a filtered set of thoughts! Speed has its rewards, it has its praises. But at the same time, I understand how a certain Jolly Stefanic enjoys doing it slower. Because speed has its own disadvantages

Mainly, for me, it is my focus

I can build and paint 2000pt armies (ok, badly) in a matter of perhaps a week. I can spend loads on an army and then finish it before, truly, it has begun. This leaves me with a problem - what do I do in the gap between the start and end of an army? Do I attempt to improve upon it, perhaps ending up having to scrap a scheme to keep it consistant, or do I simply attempt to make lists for it, to deal with all enemies?

I HAVE to settle for the option of making lists! I don't particularly have a need for perfection. I LOVE to have things 'done'! It's WHY I rush. Why should I change this because someone doesn't like the idea of completing projects - which 'are supposed to be completed over long periods, not short'?

I have no idea. Did this just change from a matter of my preferences on projects, to a rant at those who DON'T want to do it?

Strangest thing... isn't it? My project at the moment seems to be the art of ranting

Here's your link to Bell of Lost Souls. And seriously, I enjoy writing articles but if you read them, you can COMMENT on them! Cookies to those who do!
~Scruff, the Herald of Nurgle

Bell of Lost Souls, Warhammer 40k and Fantasy News

No comments:

Post a Comment